Miami Bicycle Accident Attorneys When a person is injured in a bicycle accident, it is typically due to a collision with a motor vehicle. The law in Florida is very specific when it comes to responsibility in a car-bike collision. The careless driver of a motor vehicle is legally responsible for any damages—physical, emotional, and economic—caused to the bike rider. The lawyers and staff at Bernstein & Maryanoff have the financial resources
Miami Personal Injury Attorneys
The Miami personal injury attorney team at Bernstein & Maryanoff represents individuals who have suffered an injury and want to hold the responsible party accountable. We help our clients claim monetary compensation after a personal injury accident. When you’re hurt by the actions of others, we’re here to fight on your behalf.
Contact our Miami personal injury lawyers today at 1 (800) 429-4529 for a free consultation of your case. We’ll help you understand your rights and get the financial relief you need now.
If you have been injured in a car crash in Florida, you are entitled to recover money damages for the full extent of your loss. This includes economic damages such as medical bills in the past and future, as well as loss of income in the past and future. You can also recover compensation for intangible damages such as physical pain, emotional pain, and suffering.
A Florida business owner has a duty to provide reasonable security to prevent criminal attacks on their customers. If you or a family member has been injured as a result of a shooting, sexual assault, or any criminal attack on a Miami business property (hotels, shopping centers, gas stations, apartment complexes, etc) you may be entitled to recover money damages from the business that owned the property where the attack occurred.
The owner of a dog is strictly liable for injuries their dog causes to you. Provocation is a defense the owner of the dog can raise. However, if you did not provoke the animal, your lawyer does not have to prove negligence on the part of the dog’s owner. The only question is how much money you should be awarded for your injury or loss.
Attorneys are required to comply with the rules of civil litigation and the rules in place in a particular court, when dealing with the courts, other attorneys, and third parties. If your attorney fails to comply with these rules, and your legal rights are injured as a result, you may have a viable legal malpractice claim. Miami Malpractice Lawyers at Bernstein & Maryanoff have over 36 years of experience.
Miami Medical Malpractice Attorneys If you or a loved one has been injured by a medical provider, the damages can be devastating. The lawyers and staff at Bernstein & Maryanoff have the financial resources and experience to fully investigate your case and help you recover compensation. Our lawyers have handled numerous medical malpractice claims against hospitals, doctors, nurses, and physician assistants. From our principal office in Miami and numerous other offices.
Our Miami motorcycle accident lawyers have over 29 years of experience, handling 50,000+ personal injury cases, including many cases of motorcycle, truck, car, taxi and ride-sharing accidents. From our principal office in Miami and numerous other offices across Florida, we represent clients throughout the state.
Miami Negligent Security Attorneys In some situations, the owner of a store, shopping center or other property has a duty to protect guests from foreseeable criminal acts. Criminal acts may include robbery, shootings, assault, purse snatching, rape, or other incidents that cause emotional injuries, physical injuries, or death to a person on the premises. The lawyers and staff at Bernstein & Maryanoff have the financial resources and experience to help you pursue
Nursing Home Abuse
Miami Nursing Home Neglect & Abuse Lawyers Placing a loved one in a nursing home or assisted living facility is never an easy decision. Most families take great pains to find the nursing home they feel will take proper care of their beloved family member. The last concern your family should have is the nursing home abusing or neglecting your loved one. Unfortunately, nursing home abuse and neglect is not uncommon.
Sex Abuse & Assault
Sex Abuse Victim Attorneys Sexual abuse is often done by a person who has a close relationship or access to children, such as a priest, rabbi, teacher, or boy scout leader. If the abuse occurred in the course and scope of the abuser\’s employment, the employer or organization can be responsible for what occurred. The organization may also be legally responsible if it failed to conduct a proper investigation of the crime.
Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys in Miami Owners of property, whether they are homeowners or business owners, have a duty in the state of Florida to keep their premises in reasonably safe condition to prevent visitors from being injured in slip and fall accidents. If you are injured in a slip and fall accident, you are entitled to recover the full amount of medical bills and lost earnings.
Swimming Pool & Drowning Accident Attorneys Swimming pool injuries and drowning are often the result of some form of negligence. Each specific case needs to be analyzed carefully by an experienced lawyer to determine the victim\’s or survivors\’ rights to compensation. The lawyers and staff at Bernstein & Maryanoff have the financial resources and experience to help you recover the maximum compensation for your injuries or loss in any swimming pool
Traumatic Brain Injury
Miami Brain Injury Lawyers Over the past 29 years, lawyers at Bernstein & Maryanoff have resolved more than 50,000 personal injury cases, including many cases involving a brain injury. From our principal office in Miami and numerous other offices across Florida, we represent clients throughout the state. Brain Injury – An Overview Depending on the severity and location of the injury, the effects of a brain injury can range from a minor annoyance to life threating.
Miami Boating Accident & Cruise Ship Injury Attorneys Boating and cruise ship accidents injure many people in southern Florida. Each specific type of boating accident needs to be analyzed carefully by an experienced lawyer to determine the victim\’s rights. For example, there are different time limits for filing a lawsuit based on the body of water involved. There are also different compensation limits based on the value of the boat.
Miami Workers’ Compensation Attorneys If you have been injured at work or suffer a work-related illness, you are entitled to workers’ compensation. However, many people do not receive all of the benefits they deserve because they do not understand all of the rules they are required to follow. At the law firm of Bernstein & Maryanoff, our workers\’ compensation lawyers offer a free consultation to explain your rights to compensation.
Miami Wrongful Death Attorneys Wrongful death can occur as a result of many different kinds of negligence. In some cases, people die as a result of careless handling of a gun. Death can also result from negligent property conditions, negligent security, or though careless operation of a motor vehicle. Florida laws provide a strict set of rules about who is entitled to money damages in a wrongful death case.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Does a Personal Injury Attorney Do?
A personal injury attorney brings a legal claim on your behalf. If you’re in an accident, they are your representative in court and throughout the claims process. They can speak for you in court, contact witnesses, secure evidence and do all of the things you need to make your case.
An experienced personal injury lawyer uses strong legal skills to create a strategy for the client. The attorney not only handles the case logistics but also uses their experience to determine the best possible way to pursue justice. They will fight for the maximum compensation under the law.
What Kinds of Cases Do Your Miami Personal Injury Attorneys Handle?
Our dedicated personal injury attorneys represent accident victims who need help claiming compensation for their injuries and suffering. We have experience handling these types of cases:
- Car accidents
- Semi-truck accidents
- Bicycle, pedestrian and motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Workplace injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Dangerous products
- Premises liability
- Wrongful death
- Intentional personal injuries (assault and battery)
- Dog and other animal bites
Any personal injury accident that occurs because of the actions of others may qualify for a legal claim. The accident doesn’t have to be the result of an intentional act. Negligence may be the basis for a personal injury claim.
How Do I Know if I Have a Personal Injury Claim?
To know if you have a personal injury claim, look at whether you can prove every element or part of the case, including:
- Negligence or an Intentional Act – A personal injury case starts when someone takes an unreasonably careless action. The action must fall below the level of conduct based on the minimum standards of an ordinary, reasonable person. Violating traffic laws or drunk driving is unreasonable when it comes to car accidents, for example. Intentional acts, like assault and battery, can also be the basis of a claim.
- Existence of a Duty – The other party must have a duty towards the victim that requires them to avoid acting negligently. Generally, a property owner has a duty to guests. A business has a duty to operate with due regard for safety. When a duty exists, negligence can be the basis for a claim.
- Cause of an Accident – To have a personal injury case, negligence must be the cause of an accident. There can be multiple underlying causes of an accident, but the defendant’s negligence must be why the victim has a personal injury claim.
- Damages – Finally, to have a legal case, the victim must suffer damages because of the accident. Damages may include all of the things that stem from being in a personal injury accident, including medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, property damage and more.
What Can I Receive in a Personal Injury Claim?
Here are the types of damages that you can claim in a personal injury lawsuit:
- Emergency medical bills
- Doctor’s bills
- Nursing care
- Mental health treatment
- Physical therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Property damages
- Damages for changed lifestyle and personal limitations
- Compensation for scars and disfigurement
Bringing a successful personal injury claim means ensuring that the claim represents the full value of the victim’s damages. Too many victims sell themselves short and leave out types of damages that can significantly increase the personal injury settlement. Our Miami personal injury attorneys ensure that your claim is thorough and fully representative of the economic and non-economic damages that you’ve suffered.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney?
Here are some situations in which you’re likely to need a personal injury attorney:
- You have serious injuries or a severe illness
- You’re not sure how bad your injuries might be in the future
- There are limitations in your ability to work
- It’s unclear who has legal fault for the accident
- There are questions about the link between the accident and injuries
- The insurance company denies your claim
- There is significant property damage
- Damages aren’t immediately obvious or difficult to value
- Going through the legal system sounds daunting or frustrating
After an accident, you may feel stressed and overwhelmed. Filing a claim can be confusing for those who don’t have experience in the legal field. You don’t have to go it alone. The personal injury attorneys at Bernstein & Maryanoff want to support you every step of the way.
What Makes a Good Personal Injury Attorney?
Choosing the right representation can help you get the maximum compensation for your claim. Here are some qualities to look for in a personal injury attorney:
- Commitment – Success for a client doesn’t happen by chance. Our team of Miami personal injury lawyers goes the extra mile to build a strong case.
- Teamwork – It’s not enough for us just to file paperwork. Instead, we work with you as a team. We get to know you and personally craft the best possible strategy to pursue the case.
- Experience – Handling personal injury cases day in and day out is what we do. Through diligent practice helping victims, we’ve learned what it takes to get results for our clients. We know the local courts, court procedures and the details that can make the difference. Our training and experience set us apart.
- Compassion – Our attorneys believe that all victims should have quality legal representation and be treated with dignity and respect. We’re here to be your guide and advocate when you need help. This philosophy drives us to go further each day for our clients.
When Should I Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer?
The best time to contact a personal injury lawyer is right away when you believe you may have a case. The lawyer can get to work, preserving valuable evidence and building a strong case. Some Florida statutes of limitations apply to certain cases, so it’s always best to speak to an attorney as soon as you can.