Miami Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
PROTECTING YOUR RIGHTS SINCE 1983
When you’re hit by a driver, Miami pedestrian accident attorneys can help you win your case for financial compensation. The Miami personal injury attorneys at Bernstein & Maryanoff represent accident victims. If you’ve been hurt in a pedestrian accident, we invite you to meet with our team to determine how much you might qualify to receive in compensation. We can represent you throughout the claims process until you have fair monetary payment for your losses.
If you’ve been hurt in a pedestrian accident, contact our Miami pedestrian accident attorneys at (800) 429-4529 for a free case evaluation.
What Is a Miami Pedestrian Accident Case?
A Miami pedestrian accident case is a legal claim for financial compensation brought by a pedestrian victim who is hurt by a driver. It claims that the accident is the driver’s fault, and it demands payment for the victim’s damages. It is a civil case.
The purpose of the case is to compensate the injured victim based on the fault of the person or party that causes the accident. The accident victim brings a Miami pedestrian accident claim in order to receive compensation for financial losses and pain and suffering.
Do I Have a Legal Claim For a Miami Pedestrian Accident?
You have a legal claim for a Miami pedestrian accident if there are several factors present:
- Negligence – Negligence means a driver fails to live up to the minimum, reasonable driving standards.
- An accident occurs – Because of the driver’s poor driving, an accident results.
- Injuries – The pedestrian victim suffers injuries in the accident.
- The injuries are significant, and either permanent or disfiguring – Florida has minimum injury standards to bring a third-party claim. To receive compensation from the responsible driver, the victim’s injuries must reach a threshold level of severity.
If you have a qualifying injury, you may claim both economic and non-economic damages. Even if your injuries are minor, you may still qualify to bring a first-party claim through your own motor vehicle insurer. We invite you to meet with our legal team to explore all of the options available to you. Let our attorneys for Miami pedestrian accidents put our training and experience to work to maximize your compensation.
What Kinds of Compensation Can You Receive for a Pedestrian Accident Case?
The kinds of compensation that you can receive for a pedestrian accident for both economic and non-economic damages include:
- Emergency medical bills
- The cost of ambulance transportation
- Follow-up medical care
- Mobility assistance devices like wheelchairs, scooters and crutches
- Nursing care
- Physical therapy
- Mental health treatment care
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Scars and disfigurement
- Loss of services to the household or family
The purpose of compensation for a pedestrian accident case is to take into account all of the ways that being injured can affect someone’s life. There are no limits based on the fact that the victim is not in a vehicle at the time of the accident. Instead, the victim can do their best to measure all of their losses, both tangible and intangible, and demand compensation. With the help of an attorney for pedestrian car accidents, you can determine what your case is worth and what categories of losses you have.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Several scenarios can lead up to a pedestrian accident in Florida. Some common causes of pedestrian car accidents include:
- Failing to stop at a crosswalk
- Not observing traffic signals; turning when it’s not the driver’s turn
- DUI, drugged or drunk driving
- Distracted driving, texting or multitasking while driving
- Distracted pedestrians
- People on foot who jaywalk or do not observe walk signals
- Drivers who ignore stop signs and rights of way rules
- Aggressive driving
- Malfunctioning traffic lights and walk signals
- Medical events that incapacitate drivers or pedestrians
A pedestrian accident can have several contributing factors. Something is a cause of the accident if it contributes, at least in part, to the accident occurring. The reason for an accident doesn’t have to be a violation of traffic law. Any circumstance or behavior that lends itself to the accident happening can be a cause of a pedestrian accident.
How Can an Attorney Help with a Pedestrian Accident Case?
There are many ways that an attorney can help you with a pedestrian accident case. They’re trained experts in all of the ways that make the claims process easier and recovering the most significant amount possible for accident victims.
Here are some of the ways that an attorney can help a pedestrian victim:
- Talking to the insurance company – the victim never has to speak directly to the insurance representative again
- Knowing all of the categories of compensation, so nothing gets left out
- Understanding the evidentiary and legal issues that make pedestrian cases unique
- Pursuing the claims process from start to finish
- Talking to witnesses, gathering statements, finding physical evidence
- Expert preparation so that you know what to expect if there are court hearings
- Informed determination of the value of the case
- Settlement negotiations on your behalf
- Structuring your settlement to minimize taxes and protect your long-term interests
Ultimately, an attorney helps you with all the steps involved with receiving fair compensation after an accident. They know the steps to take and how to evaluate the issues that might be important. With your legal team’s help, you know that you’re on the path to recovering a fair amount of compensation for your case.
Why Choose Bernstein & Maryanoff for Miami Pedestrian Accidents
The Bernstein & Maryanoff legal team specializes in car accident cases, including pedestrian car accident cases. Our team of attorneys and support professionals is more than 40 members strong. We focus only on accident cases, which gives us the experience and expertise to get results. We appear in courtrooms in Miami and throughout Florida. Our passion, training and experience offer our clients the advantage they need to get the compensation they deserve.
Miami Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Free Consultation
We offer free and confidential consultations with our Miami pedestrian accident attorneys. Our team is proud of our track record for helping victims. See how we can represent you on a contingency basis with no fee unless you win your case. At your consultation, we explain the law and make sure that you get the opportunity to ask all of the questions that you have about the case. Contact us to schedule your FREE case evaluation today.